This makes a flavorful meal full of superfoods, providing a mix of protein and complex carbohydrates. It's an ovo-lacto-vegetarian recipe.
This can be eaten fresh, or stored and re-heated.
- 4-8 eggs
- 1/2-1 tomato, or handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2-1 whole onion
- 1/2-1 medium whole potato
- 1/2-1 C fresh spinach
- 1/2-1 C mushrooms
- 1-2 oz feta cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Ground black pepper
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Chop tomatoes, mushrooms, and spinach coarsely. Fold into eggs.
- Cube cheese. Fold into eggs.
- Fold in salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop onion coarsely.
- Grate potato.
- Heat oil in a pan large enough to hold the entire frittata.
- Saute onion in oil until clear. Add Italian seasoning to taste.
- Add potato and saute until golden. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread potato and onions across bottom of pan as a crust.
- Pour in egg mix and spread evenly across crust.
- Cover with a lid and continue heating until egg is firm, 5-10 minutes. The crust will caramelize on the bottom. The olive oil will bubble and release the crust from the pan, so the frittata slides out easily onto a serving plate.
WW points: 3 points per ounce of cheese, 4 points per Tbsp of olive oil; 1-2 points per wedge.